2015-11-11

Rear wheel bearings


I was told the bearings had this number printed on it: "4EO 407 625 A SKF BAF-0076 C ITALY A 23 3 3347". Which after some Google magic indicated they originally belong to an Audi A6C6 2,0 T / 2,4 / 3,0. For us swedes it can be conveniently bought at Biltema for a nice price here. Or of course, the real deal at Caterham parts here.

I've read they're a pity to remove, but for me they came off pretty easily. The first one simply fell off, the other one was a bit harder. I got them off by using the bearing bolts as a puller by screwing them against the brake disc with a impact gun.

The cheaper Biltema version was identical to the existing bearings, except for the inner dust seal being made of metal instead of rubber. Metal seals are probably not as good but the bearings are easy to replace so I'll take the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment