2017-12-03

Front suspension travel sensors


For a while I've had suspension travel sensors on my rears. Now finally I have sensors on the fronts as well.

The rears with 3D printer mounts.
Variohm PZ12A 75mm linear position sensors. (100mm on the rears)

This time I didn't have access to a 3D printer so the brackets were made of alu sheets.

The lower mount is a 90 deg bracket fitted to some existing unused threaded studs on the frame, right behind the steering rack. I have no idea why the studs are there in the first place. 

The upper mount is hold in place by the roll bar linkage ball joint.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's been a few years since this post but I am curious to know how these held up on track? I am currently working on integrating linear travel sensors for a vehicle with a pretty tight suspension package and being able to 3D print similar mounts would make the job very straight forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used them that much, but when I did there were no problems!

      Delete